The majority of drip coffee makers do not do a great job at making a good cup of coffee. This is because they fail to heat the water to the proper temperature of 200 degrees F. plus or minus 5 degrees (93 C).
The SCAA puts out a list of recommended brewers, where they take into account brew temperature, brew cycle time as well as the ability to brew within the SCAA golden cup recommendations.
Here is the list:
- Technivorm Moccamaster
- Brazen Plus Customizable Temperature Control Brew System
- KitchenAid Coffee Maker KCM0802
- KitchenAid Pour Over Coffee Brewer (model KCM0801OB)
- Bonavita Coffee Maker (model BV1900TS)
- Bonavita BV1900TD 8-Cup Digital Coffee Brewer
- OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker
- OXO On 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker