This natural anaerobic-processed coffee is from Worka Sakaro, an area close to Yirgacheffe of 2,000-2,200 masl. The coffee is processed by Gizaw Alemayehu Yirdaw who works with a number of small farmers in the Gedeb district. These Gedeb smallholders enjoy two separate payments from Gizwa to cover their expenses. One before harvest, when they are low on cash. And one payment during harvest. These coffee cherries are handpicked, and go through several rounds of sorting before being processed.
Anerobic Processing Method
- Select red cherries and evaluate and measure the mucilage sugar content by using a brex meter.
- Put the red cherry in the water tank to separate the floaters from denser coffees. The coffee will stay in the tank for few minutes
- Transfer the denser coffee to Africa bed to avoid water (for drainage)
- Put (pack) the coffee bean in a special plastic bag to start the fermentation process. Right after 16 hours, the fermentation process will be started
- Check the process of fermentation and temperature day and night and remove the gas (CARBONDIOXED AND NITROGEN) using a gas removing machine.
- The fermentation process takes 3 -7 days, depending on the mucilage content and the environment.
- When the Ph level and color of the bean reach the required level, We transfer it to the dying table for drying.
Flavor notes: Plum, Cacao Nibs, Sweet Raspberry, Red Wine, Full, Lingering Finish
Roast level: Light
Limited quantity available